Agency: JDI (Jane Doe Inc.), The Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence'
Position Title: Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Communications and Development
Status: Full time(35hours/week), Exempt
Jane Doe Inc. (JDI) is a vibrant and effective statewide social justice coalition that is working to create a world free of abuse. With our 55member programs, other state and territorial sexual and domestic violence coalitions, and key local and national partners, JDI strives to create social change by addressing the root causes of violence and promoting justice, safety, and healing for survivors. At its core, our work includes public policy and systems advocacy, prevention and movement building, messaging and communications, membership services, training and education, and advocating for racial justice and social change. JDI’s member programs provide advocacy and support to tens of thousands of survivors each year in the Commonwealth. Guided by the voices of survivors, JDI brings together organizations and people committedto ending sexual and domestic violence.
The Communicationsand OutreachCoordinator plays a vital role in advancing JDI’s work in the realm of shaping the messages and communications of a statewide membership organization that is committed to gender equity and racial justice. This full time position will be supervised by the Director of Communications and Development and work with all JDI staff and members to develop and implement JDI’s strategic communications agenda and programming, to consistently articulate and promote JDI’s mission, purpose, and philosophy, and to help transform attitudes and beliefs that foster sexual and domestic violence. We are seeking tohire a dynamic and passionate Communications and Outreach Coordinator to join our team. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual committed to ongoing learning, innovation in communications, and social justice. This person will also be detailed oriented, exhibit grace under pressure, welcome diverse perspectives, have a sense of humor, and be committed to coalition building.
- Draft, manage and distribute printed and electronic communications, including electronic newsletters, publications, collateral, multi-media educational, outreach and prevention related materials
- Maintain and oversee JDI’s active social media presence, on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and any other relevant platforms, in accordance with best practices to strengthen engagement with and by JDI’s stakeholders.
- Manage JDI’s multiple public and private websites for a wide variety of stakeholdersby maintaining current content,seamless on-line registration, payment, integrity of sites, and other functionalities; accessibility for people with disabilities, people whose first language is not English, and other culturally specific communities; and analyzing usage to promote engagement.
- Assist with development and coordination of prevention and public awareness campaigns as well as events that further JDI’s priorities. These campaigns include JDI’s Massachusetts White Ribbon Day Campaign (WRD), national Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence and other annual awareness months, and related campaigns.
- Provide support formedia activitiesincluding: drafting and distributing press releases and other materials, setting up media events, supporting media advocacy by membership; collaborating with policy, membership, and training.
- Support implementation of events on behalf of Jane Doe Inc. and other public events and meetings sponsored by JDI to cultivate and enhance support.and represent JDI through attendance at various internal and external events and meetings, as assigned.
- Stay informed regarding issues and data affecting sexual and domestic violence survivors within the content of JDI’s framework. Duties include but are not limited to developing fact sheets and materials and ensuring accurate representation of data, needs, policies, etc. in JDI’s materials and various platforms.
- Support Director of Communications and Development with an arrayofadministrativetasks relative to stakeholder communications, donor management and stewardship, database maintenance, and general office procedures, including managing swag, photo and video inventory.
- Screen internship applications and support their integrationin ongoing projects for semester or year-long commitments.
- Participate in and contribute to JDI organizational activities.
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Communications and Development or Executive Director.
- Demonstrated commitment to ending gender-based violence, social justice and anti-oppression activism; in-depth knowledge of sexual and domestic violence dynamics and root causes and experience working with marginalized communities preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsand demonstrated expertise in the areas of social media, website management, writing for diverse audiences, and producing high quality publications.
- Experience with non-profit organizations and communications; demonstrated experience with organizing and advocacy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities to manage; analytical and detail oriented; must be comfortableworking on a team as well as independently.
- Commitment to ethical communication, organizational excellence, developing quality working relationships. Demonstrated history of exercising good judgement and understand boundaries and confidentiality.
- Must have ability to travel statewide and nationallyas needed. Flexible schedule required at times.
- Competency in Microsoft office software and familiarity with online communications platforms required; familiarity with website software, specifically WordPress, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; relevant life and work experience may substitute for degree.
- This position is exempt from the wage and overtime provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and competitive in the field; generous benefits package.
Please send resume and a thoughtful cover letter with the subject line “Communications and Outreach Coordinator Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Jane Doe Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to values of inclusion, empowerment, and social justice. As a multicultural organization, we actively encourage applicants who represent the broadest range of diversity. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/ADA