In this edition, we're providing you with a selection of resources specific to working with rural communities. Several of these resources are specific to sexual assault and advocacy work in rural areas. Other resources include critical information about working in rural areas on a variety of social and health issues, and much of the information contained in these articles will shed light on important topics that impact sexual assault services (such as broadband access, transportation, community culture, and the diversity of rural areas).
- Unspoken Crimes: Sexual Assault in Rural America, National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- Sexual Assault in Rural Communities by Susan H. Lewis with contributions from Ellen Reed
- Volunteering in Under-Resourced Rural Communities, Points of Light Foundation
- Rural Sexual Assault Advocacy, Resource Sharing Project (ReShape)
- Responding to Sexual Assault in Rural Communities by Alexandra Neame and Melanie Heenan, Australian Centre for the Study of Sexual Assault
- Implementing SANE Programs in Rural Communities: The West Virginia Regional Mobile SANE Project, West Virginia Foundation for Rape Information and Services
- An APA Report: The Behavioral Health Care Needs of Rural Women, American Psychological Association
- Center for Rural Strategies
- Health Resources and Services Administration: Rural Health
- Rural Healthy People 2010, A Companion Document to Healthy People 2010, A Report Prepared by the Southwest Rural Health Research Center
- Rural Women and Development, United Nations Report
- Rural Victim Assistance: A Victim/Witness Guide for Rural Prosecutors, Office for Victims of Crime.
- Separation/Divorce Sexual Assault in Rural Communities, Walter DeKeseredy et.al, 2003
- Violence Against Rural Women, Rural Womyn Zone